Attention Residential Roofers: effective January 1, 2019

Are you a residential roofer? Do you work on jobs that are over $2,500?

If you answered yes to both questions, you need a Home Builders Roofers License!

Any person or business engaging in residential roofing where the cost exceeds $2,500 and work involves the installation of products or repair of surfaces on the external upper covering of a residence or structure is required to hold a Home Builders Licensure Board Roofers License effective January 1, 2019. There is no test for the roofers license.

Hodges Town Hall has packets available at no cost.

Take a look at the HBLB regs at and the form at for more information.

Working without a license when a license is required is a Class A Misdemeanor!